ST. PETER’S ATHLETIC PHILOSOPHY
Athletics at St. Peter’s Parish will be available to all youth of the parish and will take into account the wide span of individual differences in age, skills, and physical development. The guiding principles will be those that stimulate the learning process, both mental and physical, self confidence and social adjustment. Participation and development shall be the primary concern of all adults who supervise or coach parish athletics. All participants shall be recognized as representing St. Peter’s Parish, and a mutual respect will prevail among all athletes, regardless of the sport or the team.
Sports offered through St. Peter’s Elementary School/Junior High:
7th & 8th Grade Volleyball
7th & 8th Grade Cross Country
3rd/4th Grade Boys Basketball
3rd/4th Grade Girls Basketball
5th Grade-8th Grade Boys Basketball
5th Grade-8th Grade Boys & Girls Basketball
Preschool through Grade 8 AYSA Soccer
7th & 8th Grade Swimming
7th & 8th Grade Track
St. Peter’s Athletic Objectives
- To promote spiritual, physical, and social welfare by bringing Catholic truths, principles, and ideals into everyday life.
- To provide an effective learning experience for each youth which strengthens his/her self-image.
- To provide an opportunity for the development and reinforcement of physical skills.
- To learn basic fundamentals of sports.
- To develop character and leadership.
- To develop sportsmanship.
- To develop parish spirit and unity.
- To develop pride in personal and team accomplishments.
- To develop an interest in and appreciation for sports which the youth can carry into adulthood.
- To teach youth to be competitive and to demonstrate a positive winning attitude.