We are all committed to providing high quality and safe playing surfaces for our multi-use athletic facilities, but we need the help and consideration of all user groups in protecting the turf from excessive danger due to game and event activities. The turf grass is the safety surface for the athletic fields.
If any of the following conditions occur, scheduled games and events must be canceled or postponed.
- Standing water on the field of play, soil saturation.
- Walking on turf causes water to surface.
- Walking on turf on heels causes indentations.
- One inch or more of rain 48 hours prior to scheduled game or practice accompanied by steady rain on the event day.
- Steady downpour of rain on game or practice day which could cause injury to participants or damage to fields.
- Extreme drought conditions where 50% of the playing surface has turned dormant.
- Audible thunder or visible lightning.
- Frost or snow.
- Visibility (darkness, fog).
Do’s & Don’ts
- Fields that have no scheduled event are closed and are not to be used, (stay off).
- Avoid walking on or across fields, (walk around).
- No climbing on buildings, equipment and fencing will be permitted.
- No pepper ball (baseball and softball) or kicking of soccer balls into any of the fencing is allowed.
- The operation of licensed motor vehicles is restricted to parking areas only.
- No pets, guns, smoking, alcohol, drugs, bicycles, skateboards, solicitation will be allowed.
- All trash and debris must be removed from the field and surrounding areas. Trash receptacles are provided.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
All coaches, referees, umpires, athletic directors and the Field Manager are responsible for insuring the safety of participants and guests at all times, (safety not only implies protection of the participants but also the facility). See page 3 and 4 for the detailed soccer goal safety guidelines that were adopted in early 2008.
With your help, we are making our athletic fields available for the enjoyment of our many student athletes and families. Please use the fields with common sense and responsibility. Working together, we will provide a safe, quality
Any questions on this policy you may contact Bob Vaccaro, St. Peter’s Administration & Field Manager