In the late 1990s, a capital campaign was launched in part to build a new athletic facility for basketball and other indoor sports. In the spring of 1998, construction began on that facility across the street from the high school. In the summer of 1999, the Franciscan Activity Center was dedicated in honor of the Franciscan sisters who taught at St. Peter’s since 1871.
The modern facility has seating for 1,200 in the main gymnasium, double space in the Robert Frye Gymnasium in the high school. The upper foyer has seating for 200 and overlooks the gym.